Wednesday, May 18, 2011

New Milk

The more I thought about my last post and what it started to mean for me I realized I wasn't focusing only on my chocolate milk. Because while chocolate milk is super yummy in my opinion, I began to focus on other things.

Sometimes after I begin to think about things I realize that the thought I "identified as trivial" was in truth very eye opening. Hence the follow up post to drinking chocolate milk.

The more I thought about this today I realized that there are so many things I "gulp", things I rush though. When I look at Mr. Potts and his ability to savor, THAT is what I want to incorporate in my life.

After the realization that I "gulp" but would rather savor, I'll be making an effort to savor things.

My deck is loaded with gorgeous pots of impatiens we planted. What a wonderful way to spend a spring afternoon. Not rushing off to do the next best thing but soaking in their beauty.

Savor my impatiens

Savor my time outside that I can read

Savor the long walks that Hayden and I take that give us together time

Savor the joy that washes over me when my mom calls to tell me that my niece or nephew want to talk to me

Savor the joy deep in my heart when Mr. Potts looks at me and tells me he gets me. He "Gets" what gets me upset and will help me manage it.

I want to savor the sunsets

I want to savor the time with my mom, Mr. Potts' Mom & Stepdad, His Dad & Stepmom, His Meme (MY Meme now), my Dad & Stepmom.

I want to look back 5 years from now and feel as if I've savored all that I had the opportunity to. I don't want to miss a single moment.

Will you join with me in slowing down & savoring things? Memories, Dinners, a Stroll in the Spring Summer, Playing with a precious puppy, Savoring your Chocolate milk. Will you join me?

Tell me what you want to look back on and be proud that you've savored.

7 comments:

Neha said...

I am with you 100%. The perfectionist in me takes out the fun and happiness out of so many things/occasions. I am rushing through it all and then at the end am all tired and exhausted! So not only I miss being 'in' the moment, I also miss out on the after-moments :(.

So, I need to slow down too. Like you. We'll do it together :)

Dee Stephens said...

I want to be proud that I savored my 30's.

MCW said...

I am trying to savor. It's hard because I want to get to a certain part and I need to rush to get there...I DO need to sit back and just enjoy where I am!

KatiePerk said...

What a lovely post! I shall join you!

LWLH said...

I want to savor this time with Big Man alone in our relationship before we get married and start a family.

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

YES! I will totally join you! I am such a "gulper" too and slowing down with be my new goal.

Anonymous said...

How funny...B and I are the opposite. He rushes through food and I savor. He will pop a whole Reeces peanut butter cup in his mouth and I'll nibble on the silly thing for 10 mintues, lol. But we're both pretty good at savoring things in general...like time spent together. In fact, we need to do a little more of that but things have been so hectic around here!