Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I'll be there

I'm not sure if many of you are like me, but I have a lot of natural empathy and have a tendency to tear up over everything. Moms walking with their toddlers, commercials, Christmas church services, the way my nephew pats my cheeks & kisses me, the list just goes on and on.

Commercials though, the reaction I have to them just amazes me. A few examples:

The holiday Folgers commercial. You know the one - they run it every year. The son comes home to surprise his family. The little girl comes down & finds him. They make coffee. *cue eye watering* The mom comes downstairs and sees him. *commence tears*

I can't even watch Humane Society or ASPCA commercials. Forget it. I'm a sobbing wreck mid-way through.

The most recent one is the State Farm commercial. I'm not sure why, but even the beginning, when the song is playing gets me started. I first saw this commercial while on a treadmill last week. Eyes tearing up, I looked around to make sure I was alone. Have you seen it? Here are some of the key features:
  • Michael Jackson (as part of the Jackson 5) is singing I'll Be There
  • A breast cancer survivor walking with friends/family, all sporting their pink
  • A couple leaning on each other as they survey the devastation of losing their home
  • A little boy waiting with his father for his mom, a female soldier, to step off the bus
It gets me every time. Just thinking about it has me tearing up now. The message I walk away with each time I see it or think about it is that you need someone (or several someone's) to lean on, someone to trust. So many of you in blog-land support each other & I find that amazing. So here's to you - fellow bloggers - you are the best.

Yet again, I still can't figure out how to load this video, so if anyone can tell me how, that would be wonderful!.

14 comments:

Brittany Ann said...

I am totally with you. Those stupid Human Society ones leave me a sobbing mess, hugging my dogs. Oh, it's bad!

jacqueline smith said...

o.m.g.
the human society one with sarah mcglaughlin (sp) gets me BAD i have to turn the channel. my bf even knows when it comes on to turn it, immediately.

Sole Matters said...

those human society commercials get me too! i refuse to watch them when they come on. there also was a citi bank (i think) commercial where this couple started their lives together and over the years their card changed and then at the end they are realllly old. ugh, tear!

Kelly said...

I totally cry, at everything, books, movies, commercials, you name it.

Anonymous said...

I don't cry at a lot of things, I just change the channel because I like living in my happy bubble. It's a great coping mechanism!

Tara Gibson said...

oh my gosh the humane society has me bawling everytime!

Whitney said...

I second each one of these! I saw an ASPCA commercial the other night and I had to leave the room! Ha!

Lindsey said...

Oh I agree! I cannot handle them, they are too sad!

Jane said...

Seriously. I am so happy that I am not the only one. It's so ridiculous, but I get so teary eyed! Maybe we could all start a support group ;)

The Pink Chick said...

I am the same way! I am bad about tearing up at the smallest of things. My husband has to turn the channel if the human society commercial comes on or I will end up sobbing!

KAC said...

I completely agree with you on the ASPCA commercials...I am a TOTAL mess at the end of them! I also cried at a pampers commercial one time that played forever young in the background while showing baby animals with their mamas...def made me want my mom!

Amber said...

Oh I love that commercial! And the wonderful support from my bloggy friends!

Annie said...

totally know what you mean...the ones with the animals always gets to me...saddest commerical ever and probably shouldn't even be on tv!!
every time it comes on i have to change the channel.

p.s. sorry, no idea how to add a video.

Under this Umbrella said...

I am with you on this one completely. I just wrote on another blog about what a complete sap I am. I can tear up over just about anything. I think I need medication. :) Mr. Molly Lou always makes fun of me that we can't watch one show without me tearing up over at least one commercial.