Friday, September 11, 2009

Remembering

I'd like to pay tribute to a day I don't think any one of us will ever forget. Do you remember what you were doing 8 years ago? I was in my first job out of college. I was a manager in a call center that was staffed predominantly by spouses of men (and some women) in the Marine Corps.
A friend of mine told me the WTC had been hit by a plane. My thoughts immediately were that this was a fluke - a total accident. She told me just a minute later that there had been a second plane. Soon we were watching this on tv in the break room with all of our employees surrounding us, many of us holding hands. When the smoke began to pour out, I began to sob. I cried for so many innocents and for the hatred that would propel something like that.
I carry that with me to this day and will never forget the people that lost their lives as well as those that gave theirs trying to save lives.

God bless you all and your families.

No comments: