I found a new recipe that doesn't call for Karo syrup & it turned out perfect! I'll post pictures when I can, but I promise, this one is worth the hype!
What kind of dessert is your favorite for Thanksgiving?
- 1 cup light brown sugar – used the Splenda brown sugar blend which made it 1/2 cup (measurement conversion on the bag)
- 1/4 cup white sugar – used the Splenda sugar blend - made it 1/8th of a cup + 2 teaspoons (measurement conversion on the bag)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until foamy, and stir in melted butter. Stir in the brown sugar, white sugar and the flour; mix well. Last add the milk, vanilla and nuts.
- Pour into an unbaked 9-in pie shell. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes at 400 degrees, then reduce temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until done.