- 6 teaspoons cold water
- 6 cups whole mixed nuts ( I used pecans, walnuts & almonds)
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon ( I used a little more until I was satisfied I had enough cinnamon)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet. I would use an old one, since the mix sticks. With the amount of nuts I made, I used 2 cookie sheets - definitely cut the recipe in half if you want less.
- Lightly beat the egg white; add water, and beat until frothy but not stiff. Add the nuts, and stir until well coated. Mix the sugar, salt, and cinnamon, and sprinkle over the nuts. Toss to coat, and spread evenly on the prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, stirring occasionally, until golden. Allow to cool, then store nuts in airtight containers.