We were both tired, we were hungry & wanted easy.
I pulled out a pound of lean ground turkey, threw some spices in, Mr. Potts threw them on the grill and we feasted!
We loved it & Mr. Potts actually said they were so good that he'd take these over regular burgers - except when he's hung over & craving grease. Cause you know, a greasy bacon cheeseburger makes all hangovers better. Especially if you could throw some peanut butter on there!!
Thought I'd share the recipe since it really was so easy & we loved it.
Mrs. Potts' Easy Peasy Turkey Burgers...YUM
- 1 pound lean ground turkey breast
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Red Pepper Flakes to your liking (we like it a little spicy)
- Combine all ingredients and mix well. Pat out 4-5 patties, depending on how big you like them. Mine tend to be puffy & then I flatten them on the grill.
- Coat Grill with Cooking spray.
- Place on grill and let them sit for a minute.
- Using a spatula, press down so that the patties are more evenly spread (i.e. not so big and puffy).
- Cook for5 minutes over medium to medium high heat on both sides.
Great Burgers - no pictures - we devoured them!!!
If you try them, let me know what you think.
Happy Monday Y'all! Hope your week will be wonderful.
If you have a chance to, make sure to head over to Megan's Blog & congratulate her & Brent on the birth of baby Cohen. Such a little miracle who could use all the good wishes we can send them.