Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Random Thoughts on a Tuesday

Hi everyone!

I hope that each of you were able to have Monday off and that today is your first day back to work. For those that didn't have Monday off I am sincerely sorry.

I absolutely LOVE short work weeks. Almost as much as I LOVE long weekends. Anyone else believe that the US should institute a nationally observed holiday each month that falls either on a Friday or a Monday?

My hand right now is up in the air saying, "YES!! PLEASE!!!"

On another note, I drove past Auto Bell recently and saw a Mini Cooper parked next to a PT Cruiser. Anyone ever wonder what the PT Cruiser's owner must think? Because really, isn't the PT Cruiser like a bigger, less chic version of the Mini?

On to the next thought....

My birthday just passed and unlike birthdays of years past I didn't make a big deal out of it. I turned 35 which should have been a kind of semi big deal, but with all the uncertainty in my life right now we didn't make a big deal out of it.

And I'm kind of semi ok with that.

Next!

I go back & forth between thinking that I MUST find a new job before something drastic happens to me in my current job (i.e. I lose it) or I keep looking and if I get to a point where I don't have a new job lined up then I can use the time to clear my head.

I go back & forth but keep coming back to this: "Nah. A few days might be nice, but I really will feel like something is missing if I don't have one to go to every day."

Next!

via

I like comfort food when I'm stressed. Macaroni & Cheese, mashed potatoes, roasted chicken & vegetables.

via

Comfort food is my friend.

Anyone else out there indulge in it when stressed?

I have been trying to keep a tight rein on it though. I've been doing well with eating/exercising/weight loss lately losing 1-2 lbs each week.

Which leads to the next thought.

I had to have one shot in my leg last Wednesday. The Wednesday before Labor Day. So I've spent the weekend in my sexy leg sock.

Thank goodness Fall is around the corner. At least if I have to wear these it won't be 100+ degrees!

What kind of random thoughts do you have circling around in your head?

Happy Tuesday y'all!


6 comments:

Dee Stephens said...

All sorts of random thoughts. Not good ones though unfortunately.
Good about your weight loss!

Brittany Ann said...

I hear you on the comfort food. My fav is mashed potatoes.

MCW said...

Happy late birthday!

Lots going on in my head. I wish I could slow it down :)

And I SO agree on the 3 day weekends. Makes work much more bearable.

LWLH said...

Mac and cheese is my comfort food...for pretty much any emotion, happy, sad, mad, glad. :)

Lindsey said...

I def indulge in comfort food when I'm streesed, guilty!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday!

I am totally all about the macaroni and cheese when I'm in the mood for comfort food! Do you have a favorite recipe for it?