Thursday, November 11, 2010

Two years

Isn't it interesting how anniversaries cause people to look back over the time that has passed? Do most people think back to the positive or the negative? I try to remember both, because how else can you appreciate where you're at if you don't look at the whole journey?

Two years ago Mr. Potts and I made promises to share each others happiness & pain. We vowed to love each other in sickness and health. The two years we've spent married have not been the easiest for a myriad of reasons.

We've laughed together, we've cried together and sure, we've gotten angry together.

The key word to this is together.

I couldn't imagine my life without him in it. Actually, I don't want to think about my life without him.

So when these flowers arrived for me at work on Monday, they made me smile. I remembered the laughter and the fun.


This picture sits on our buffet - seriously, good times.


Thinking about all this made me wonder. What do you remember when an anniversary comes around?

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope to read many, many more posts like this :)

I always think of the collective time we've spent together and everything we've been through--moving, National Guard, school, deaths, births, struggles, triumphs...we've done SO MUCH together over the past few years and it makes me feel proud of all we've accomplished TOGETHER.

Lacey Bean said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

awww, happy anniversary!! :)

Dancy said...

Happy Anniversary!! We haven't had one yet, so I can't add any insight. LOL :)

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary to you and the Mister who makes you so very happy!

On anniversaries, I like to remember our wedding day. Especially that moment when I walked through the door and bubs looked like omgholyshitamigoingtocryomgyay! It was kind of an awesome moment!

Brittany Ann said...

Happy Anniversary, love! What amazing two years our marriages have been blessed with! Here's too many more wonderful moments for you and your man!

d.a.r. said...

Have a happy and blessed third year of marriage!

Those are such gorgeous flowers :)

Annie said...

happy anniversary!!! :) the flowers are so pretty!

we haven't had an anniversary yet but we have been together almost 5 years and every year that goes by i always think of the good and the bad as well. it seems like things get better by the year :) makes me happy to think about!

have a great weekend hun!! :)

Susannah said...

Yay!! Happy anniversary you two!!

MCW said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

Ashley said...

Beautiful FLOWERS! AND, Happy Anniversary!!

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

Hey there gorgeous, hope you and Mr. Potts had the bestest anniversary!! Congratulations! You are both so lucky to have each other (although I will say he definitely won the lotto when he got you!) Sorry we missed each other this week, not sure what your travel plans for next week are (I'll be in Atlanta) but maybe we can pick a night for our very long overdue girl talk. Hugs and love to you always xoxo

Jenny DB said...

Happy Anniversary Mrs. Pott's!! Lovely flowers the mister picked out :-)