Saturday, November 6, 2010

Nesting Season

This weekend is nesting weekend for the Potts' family.

I'm home, y'all. Not only am I home this weekend, but next week too (BIG, happy smiley face).

With being home, comes a desire to nest. I guess you could say my domestic side came out and the urge to cook, bake, do a little cleaning hit.

Last nights I filled that desire.

We had homemade chicken & dumplings for dinner. Except this time, I simply boiled the chicken breasts instead of cooking with the oil.

As if homemade chicken & dumplings wouldn't be enough, I decided to tackle d.a.r.'s pumpkin bread.

So yum.

So comforting.

So home.

Enjoy your weekends!

10 comments:

d.a.r. said...

Yay, glad you loved it! It sure makes enough to feed an army :) I love cooking this time of year...yummy comfort foods are the best.

Annie said...

i hope you are enjoying your weekend at home!! :)
i need to attempt making chicken and dumplings sometime, i have never had it but it looks and sounds so good!!

Lil' Woman said...

The domestic bug is biting me too....I have full intentions on making some chocolate chip cookies tomorrow! :)

Amber said...

Um, yum! Now I'm craving both. I'm glad you get some time at home. There really is no place like it!

Landlocked Mermaid said...

yummmmy I am coming over. nothing like being home and nesting and tucking in for a nice night of comfort xo hugs xo

lessonsinlifeandlight said...

Woman! Get over here and make me some dinner! Ah-ha.

Jenny DB said...

That sounds amazing. I made turkey soup last night and i think i've now finally come to terms with the fact that it's fall. if you know any good recipes for banana bread please send them my way :-)

Molly Lou Gifts said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! :)

I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Your chicken and dumplings and the pumpkin bread sound fantastic. Yummy!! So glad you're home and I hope you and Mrs. Potts were able to relax and enjoy each other all weekend!

I've missed you...

Tatum-LeTard said...

I love fellow Southern ladies!!! There is just nothing like comfort foods for us fabulous gals!

Ashley @ KiwisandCocktails said...

Pumpkin bread- YUM!!