- 2 (10.75 ounce) can reduced fat/reduced sodium cream of chicken soup
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can low-fat, low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into pieces
- ground black pepper to taste
I use the Bisquick Heart Smart mix to make dumplings, following the instructions on the side of the box. It requires Bisquick & skim milk.
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, stir together the cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, and milk. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken pieces as you like (I use fresh ground black pepper) and add chicken pieces. Sautee until chicken is cooked through. Transfer the chicken to the soup pot, and mix well. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes. Season with black pepper, to taste.
- Make dumplings according to Bisquick mix.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of the dumpling mixture into simmering chicken stew. Cover pot tightly, and bring to a boil. Simmer for another 12 to 15 minutes - without peeking! Ladle into bowls, and serve hot.
What is one of your favorite, easy recipes?
Hope you all have a great day! I'll be cold in Vermont. The high on Thursday will be 25. Yep, 25.