Saturday, December 20, 2008

And they're off!


Most of you don't know, but Mr. Potts is from Louisville, KY, home of the Kentucky Derby. Some say it is the greatest racing event in our country. I say it is the best people watching event in the country! Pretty girls, big hats, pretty dresses, some not so pretty dresses, some not so pretty hats. It is always interesting.

**Disclaimer** The picture associated with this post is not one of me - although I'm diggin the hat for Derby!

We go with a great group of friends and usually get a box. We pack lunches and enjoy the day. The last time we were there, I was incredibly lucky & won. Not huge amounts (you can't really when you're placing a $4 bet), but it is still fun to win!

So we're off this morning to Louisville to spend the week with his family & then will drive to Nashville to spend a few days with my dad and step-mom. Now, you might be wondering, "How is she driving & typing?" I'm not! Mr. Potts is driving right now & I'm writing my little note to you all using my trusty laptop & an air card! This has got to be the best invention ever! Although I may regret it later when I'm doing work & not playing on here.

I've adopted a mantra recently, "Do good." Simple, right? It should be. I've found that I feel incredibly good about myself if I do something unexpectedly good for someone. It could be someone I know or a stranger. Random acts of kindness, pay it forward, we've all heard it called something. My latest was yesterday. I was in Starbucks buying a gift card for my boss (she loves Starbucks) and I bought the coffee of the lady behind me. It wasn't a grande, skinny, no whip, double shot whatever, just a simple cup of coffee. But, I did good - now, I know that was bad grammar, but you understand.

What do you do to "do good" or pay it forward, etc?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it. That hat is the best. Love the Derby too!

One of my favorite "pay it forward" things to do is when I am on a trip had have to drive I like to pay the toll of the person behind me.

Olde Town Style Guide said...

I left you a little sweet somethin' somethin' on my blog! Go check it out!!