Saturday, December 6, 2008

Glad to be home!

Who would be excited to get up at 4:30am on a Saturday? Me! The only reason I get up so early is to get on a plane to come home.

Portland was COLD...yesterday, the high was around 38. Now, Portland is a beautiful city & I really enjoy visiting, but I do like coming home to the South. If you ever go to Portland, pack warmly & lots of layers! One of my favorite things about the city is that they have several wonderful restaurants.

Thursday night, I went with my boss to Fore Street. Their menu changes every day, so you'll be sure to find something you'll like. I've been recovering from a bacterial infection that has kept me eating bland food, so I was cautious with my dinner, but it was still wonderful! I started with a roasted butternut soup & had the half chicken as my main meal.

Friday night we dined at Katahdin. This local restaurant is small, but big on taste! They pride themselves on using fresh, local ingredients. Still trying to eat safely, I had the pork tenderloin over sweet potato puree. Wonderful! I did splurge on dessert and had a blackberry & Bing cherry upside down cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. YUM!

And today, I came home.

Mr. Potts & I are going to a Friend's Thanksgiving today. I know it is a little late, but our group of friends decided to postpone our yearly tradition due to our wedding & honeymoon. What a great group of friends! I'm in charge of bringing desserts. So, a pecan pie will be served as well as an apple pie. I'll admit that I don't have enough time to put together both, so the pecan will be home made, the apple pie - store bought. Look good?



I hope everyone is having a wonderful December!

No comments: