This is going to be more of a couple's edition, since we spent the weekend in Virginia watching IU (Indiana University Hoosiers) lose badly to Virginia. Mr. Potts definitely had a few, "Not Me!" moments.
- We didn't get up Saturday morning to begin tailgating by 11am. Not us! No way would our breakfast consist of fried chicken, macaroni & cheese and beer! No way!
- We didn't watch the Hoosiers hand the ball over to the other team & just watch as they ran by them. Uh uh - never happened. We definitely were not seated in a full Virginia section while sporting IU shirts. These guys across the field were quite entertaining, though.
- Mr. Potts and I did not decide 2 minutes before half-time that since IU hadn't scored & were losing 28-0, that we were going to leave the stadium & walk to a bar. Nope, no way we'd ever leave before a game was over just to have some beers!!
- We didn't then get bad directions from random people on the street who totally sent us WAY out of the way - causing us to walk for at least 30 minutes to get to a Buffalo Wild Wings. Uh uh - we would never go that far for an adult beverage.
- Mr. Potts didn't then proceed to commiserate with a fellow Hoosier about how badly they were losing. No way would we sit with people 10 years our junior & get inebriated. Uh uh.
- Mr. Potts did not walk out of said establishment & leave behind his favorite zip-up hoodie. No way would he be that out of it. He would not then proceed to pass out at the table of the restaurant we then went to with his head on his arms while everyone looked on. I did not walk him out to the van so he could lay down in the back seat. No way. Not us. We're way to grown up for that!
Looking behind us, you'll see Jefferson's Academical Village - students & professors live here!
All, in all, a great weekend!! What all did you NOT do this weekend?
If anyone has any suggestions where we can get a replacement hoodie for Mr. Potts, I'd greatly appreciate it! His was from Banana last year & was a navy material with a grey (super soft) material on the inside. He's heartbroken to have lost it.