Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Wishful Wednesday

Welcome to another edition of Wishful Wednesday, brought to you by Kelsey over at The Seattle Smith's. If you haven't joined in the fun, head over there & check out Kelsey and her fabulous blog!I wish I were six years old and going trick or treating...this Renaissance Damsel would be my costume!Growing up with a single mom and a little brother, I didn't have the experience of my mom spending tons of money on costumes. We were very creative and had great costumes, but they were usually home made.

One year I was a witch. I had a long black wig & long fake nails & my mom was super with the makeup. Too bad my nails were the old school fakes & when I started messing with them they came right off!

I would pick to be a cute little damsel in an awesome dress. Even now I love to dress up & get pretty, so you can imagine that as a young child, I had the same ideas.

Pretty dress? Check!
Fabulous tiara? Check!
Special wand with a crown? Check!

What would you be if you were 6?

13 comments:

courtney said...

aw that is a cute one! who doesn't want to be a damsel :)

Brittany said...

I think when I was 6, I dressed up as a gypsy. But I used a part of my mom's old prom dress, lol. I felt so special!

Dee Stephens said...

I think I would be Annie again. Love that movie

Caroline said...

This costume is beautiful.

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

I love it!! What a fun costume!

Anonymous said...

If I were six, I would totally re-do my costume from that year! We weren't well off either, so my mom would sew costumes. She got a yellow towel, folded it in half lenthwise, cut a hole for the head and sewed it up nicely, sewed up the sides of the towel, and put black duct tape in lines around the towel. She got a black headband, wrapped two black pipe cleaners on it, stuck a cotton poofy thing on the end of it, and I was a bumblebee!

The woman also made us a Dress 'n Dazzle kit when we were a kid. I remember waking up and seeing white fuzzies all over the floor in the dining room and asking my mom what was up. She feigned cluelessness and it turned out it was the fur for a royal blue cape trimmed with faux fur. We had SO much fun with that Christmas present and so many halloween costumes are still in that Dress n' Dazzle box LOL!

Thanks for helping me think of these memories - it's been EONS since I've thought of this!

MCW said...

You would be adorable!!!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I think that dress would be SOOO FUN to wear if I was six -- love it!

Angela said...

i want to be a ballet princess. i am living my childhood again through my niece.

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

I love this... and I bet you were an adorable little witch when you were little! Just found your blog through the Seattle Smith's! :)

Bethany said...

I might wear that costume NOW...who doesn't want to wear a tiera??

Annie said...

AW, how cute :)
i think i would want to be a princess, tiara and all as well!!

Whitney said...

Such a fun costume! When I was 6 I was a "teenager" for Halloween. We never spent a lot of money either, so we had to get creative! That's more fun, though!