Saturday, July 3, 2010

Sometimes I...

Sometimes I think I'm hilariously funny. And I crack myself up.

Case in point. A girlfriend recently sent out an email about planning a recurring girl's weekend.

I knew that Certain People were going to be included. Certain Person who talks incessantly about breastfeeding and pumping.

Which honestly, is something I just don't care about. And I really don't want to hear about. I especially don't care to walk past a bedroom and hear the whoosh, whoosh of a pump sucking milk out of another woman's boobs.

Anyone else out there just shudder?

Cause I think I just got a little sick in my mouth thinking of it, y'all.

Back to the story.

I've been on a trip with this Certain Person.

Not fun. Not even remotely fun.

Everything is about her. And her pregnancies. And how little her babies were.

But you know, if you actually ATE while you were pregnant instead of trying to stay sickly skinny, they probably wouldn't be tiny.

I mean, really - she just doesn't eat. EVER.

So, when my friend sent out the email, she said that we could include other people, as long as they're fun.

My response?

"You said fun and I thought fist pumping (Jersey Shore style), not breast pumping!"

And I've proceeded to laugh about this for days.

Happy Saturday, y'all!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I often crack myself up in my head - most things I would like to say are on the "totes inappropriate" line of things and I couldn't say them in public!

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

Nice comeback honey! haha! Happy 4th!! xoxo

LWLH said...

Lol....your too much, good one! :)

Emily said...

you are good:) love your blog!! Glad I stopped by

Ashley said...

Ha, fist pumping fun. When I was an intern at a big law firm one of the partners would close her door and pump... but she would still make phone calls, so I could hear the pump while on the phone with her. ew.

MCW said...

LOL! Breast pumping grosses me out. I was at a work function in a public place and there was someone I work with pumping in the stall! I know she has to, but I just didn't like listening to it while I peed.
I also think it is weird when guys watch their wives do it...isn't that a turn-off???

PS - No offense to anyone and if anyone who pumps reads this - I have nothing against it...just something I am not ready for :)

Anonymous said...

I actually like those topics and think it's sad that people react with such disgust towards something that is one of the most natural things in the world.

However, when you were writing about the person who talks about it incessantly, someone *I* know came to mind. She's great, she's smart, she's fun, but wow...get her going on a topic like this and she'll never. shut. up.

I guess what I'm saying is, there's a happy medium no matter WHAT the topic is about. It's good to be open minded and accepting of other people's lifestyle choices, but we don't need to beat a dead horse, lol.

Jenny DB said...

There are people like that who just don't shut up about themselves whether it's about their hangnail or breastpumping... and any story you tell gets turned into "WELL I..." uggh, gag me. anywhoo, that WAS a FUNNY!

Bumpkin on a Swing said...

I'm with you on the whole boobie baby thing.
When we act like an animal, we should stay home and do these things.
It grosses me out to know end. The whoosh, whoosh made me throw up in my mouth a little just reading it!

I need a Cucumber Cosmo like you are going to make for Missy Molly by Golly!