Friday, March 18, 2011

I'm ethnically diverse....

When it comes to food that is!

For those of you that celebrated St. Patrick's day yesterday, I applaud you. I broke out the only green item in my closet that I could wear to work. It wasn't quite the shade that people associate with St. Patrick's day, instead, it was more of an olive green.

But hey, I participated right?

Instead of going out & drinking green beer we decided to go eat Mexican food.

Which is actually really brilliant on our part. Last year on Cinco de Mayo we couldn't get in to a single Mexican restaurant.

So we figured last night that by eating Mexican food then (& probably celebrating Cinco de Quatro or Cinco de Seis) that we'd get our quota.

Which as our friend we ate with last night pointed out, "means we'll be eating Irish food on Cinco de Mayo!"

Happy Friday, y'all!

8 comments:

Susannah said...

Sounds like a plan, Mexican is always a great choice!!! How's your leg??

Dee Stephens said...

Yes, how's your leg? Did you hit up 1900?

MCW said...

Ha! My 2 girlfriends texted me yesterday and they had watched the parade and then went to a Mexican restaurant for margaritas!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm diverse too! We had Indian food last night! Well, it was chicken and spinach crepes with curry sauce...anything with curry is Indian to me, lol.

Barefoot in the Park said...

love it! beat the crowd!

bananas. said...

at least you did SOMETHING! i went home and finished reading mockingjay. NERD ALERT!!!

LWLH said...

Lol..I totally forgot about wearing green to work...atleast you remembered.

Neha said...

We don't celebrate St. Patrick's Day here. We had one of our biggest festivals this Sunday - Holi, festival of colors. So not only green, everyone is colored in all colors on this day!