Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I don't know how he does it.

I went to dinner last night with one of my co-worker/friends. A is such a great girl! She let me vent just a little over everything that went on last week & she was also just as disgusted/disappointed/flabbergasted/etc. as I was. We had a great time & sat outside on a patio at 131 Main. They have a wonderful cornbread appetizer that comes served in a small (6 inch?) cast iron skillet & along with it, a pot of honey to drizzle over it. So yummy!

I had absolutely no qualms about leaving Mr. Potts to eat for himself - he had a stuffed pepper left over & we had agreed that he could have it last night for dinner. I wanted it for lunch, but thought that he should get it. No, I'm not selfless, I really wanted to eat it & tell him "Ooops!". But I didn't.

When I got home I asked how his dinner was. Our conversation went something like this:

Me: How was the stuffed red pepper?

Mr.P: You mean, the chicken?

Me: No...the red pepper. You know, the one I didn't eat for lunch today so you could eat it tonight.

Mr.P: It wasn't there. I had to eat chicken. :pouting:

Me: No. I didn't eat it today. Did you look for it?

Mr.P: Well, yeah.

Me: Ok, let me see.

At this point, I opened the refrigerator door and move the container of Dream Whip & guess what was hiding behind it? Yep, that red pepper that we both had wanted to eat at some point yesterday.

After I pointed this out Mr. Potts' reaction? "You HID it from me!!"

Yeah. Uh huh.

For those interested in the recipe - check here. The last time I made these, I added spicy Italian turkey sausage to the mix. Super yummy!

14 comments:

USCEmily said...

It's because he's a man and he opens the fridge, scans it and doesn't move anything around to find what he's looking for. WEG does this all the time and I go in after he says "I don't see such and such" and find it immediately. It's the lazy gene!!

Anonymous said...

AHAHA did you really hide it from him or can he not move the milk to find it? I cannot tell you how many times I have had this conversation with Dimples! Glad it's not just me!

Anonymous said...

I get that all of the time. I ask hubby why he didn't eat what I saved for him and it is always"I couldn't find it". If it is too hard to get to he just won't even try. I wonder if this applies to men dating too,lol?

Amber said...

Oh lordy, sounds like my husband. You totally deserve to eat the red pepper now.

Anonymous said...

Hey you were nice....most men would have had it for lunch if we would have asked them to save it for our dinner. Atleast mine sure did eat the last of the mac and cheese at lunch when I had clearly told him that was going to be my dinner since he had to work that night.

Whitney said...

Hilarious! I agree with USCEmily about the quick refrigerator scan! Ha!

Jennifer said...

Well either you hid it from him or you took his ability to move that container because its clearly your fault, right? Ha

I never have to worry about this...Husband can find/make for himself anything he wants to eat {which is almost anything at any time of the day!} The problem I have is the clean up after he's been allowed in the kitchen...

Tara Gibson said...

hahaha thats so funny!

Aartee said...

LOL I swear my husband wouldn't know where to find anything at our house let alone in the fridge!

Wearing Mascara said...

Hey girl!

I left a liiiiiiiittle somethin' for you on my blog............

j

Colby said...

LOL- Hubbs and I go through the same thing on a weekly basis. I'm going to try making those stuffed peppers this week- sounds yummy!

Unknown said...

Too funny! And congrats on your giveaway win!

Anonymous said...

I can so see this happening between my husband and me. Congrats of winning the giveaway!

Brittany Ann said...

Um, this is totally my husband, my father and my brothers. They totally can't see something that is right in front of them, then they whine about it, until a woman gets up and shows them where it is (and by shows them I mean grabs it from the fridge and warms it for them.) Lordy be, if we didn't love them so darn much!