- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 2/3 cups (such as Almond Breeze), divided
- 2/3 cup half-and-half
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 (6-inch) piece vanilla bean, split lengthwise and divided - I used vanilla extract since I couldn't find a bean
- Cooking spray
Sprinkle gelatin over 1/3 cup almond milk in a small bowl; let stand 4 minutes.
Combine 1 1/3 cups of almond milk, half-and-half, sugar, and the vanilla bean (extract in my case) in a medium saucepan; bring to a simmer over medium heat (do not boil). Remove from heat.
Add gelatin mixture, stirring until the gelatin dissolves. If using a whole vanilla bean, remove vanilla bean. Pour mixture evenly into 6 (6-ounce) custard cups coated with cooking spray. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.
For the , here is the recipe I used.
- 3 cups frozen blackberries, thawed and divided
- 1/4 cup zinfandel or other fruity dry red wine
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
NOTE: For everything I substituted a Splenda/Sugar mix for the straight sugar.