Friday, April 10, 2009

I smile, therefore I'm looney

I have a co-worker who is a bit passive/aggressive in most of her interactions with people - especially with me.

A conversation over lunch one day last week went something like this:

Me: "Hmm...seems like that server may not be very happy."
CW: "Why would you say that? He seemed perfectly fine to me."
Me: "Well, he barely acknowledged me or my smile."
NOTE: I'm a happy person. I smile. I grin, sometimes I even wink.
CW: "You know, when I travel, I take the time before I go to research the country I'm going to and their customs and norms."
Me: Thinking, "Wonder where this one is going?"
Me: "Well sure, to be a good traveler, you should always do this."
CW: "You know, like in France, I never smile in public. If you do, people think you're looney."
Me: "I guess they'd think I'm crazy then."
CW: "Mmmhmmm....probably."

I don't really like her, but every time I see her, I give her a great big SMILE!

7 comments:

Olde Town Style Guide said...

That is all you can do with those types of people....ugh!!

One Bite At A Time said...

Thats funny!

Whitney said...

Kill her with kindness! And maybe a little dose of her own medicine!

Anonymous said...

This is kind of random LOL! Kill her with kindness!

d.a.r. said...

Wow holy random!! She sounds like a nut!

Brittany Ann said...

Good for you! It's much better to smile than to give in to cranky people. I'd wonder who she's calling loony!

littlesack said...

hhaha! Kill them with kindness...