Monday, May 11, 2009

Not me! Monday

I picked this up from Littlesack over at Navigating the Quaterlife - as a side note, you should go & visit Littlesack soon since she'll be heading to Italy in less than a month!

In case you haven't been introduced to Not Me! Monday, yet, here are a few details. This fun game originated with MckMama . In sum, you just list a lot of things you "didn't" (read: actually did) do this weekend/past week. All in the name of admitting that we all make mistakes and aren't perfect.

I did not sit in the Philadelphia airport Friday on a layover and drink two beers. Not me! I know that alcohol before I fly makes my ankles disappear.I didn't get home on Friday night and promptly pour myself a glass of ice cold Chardonnay to sit on the deck with. Not me!!I did not laze around on Saturday on our deck and enjoy the sunshine. Not me - I wouldn't do that when I know there is cleaning to be done!

I did not go to a wedding & wish for the million'th time that places would be better about regulating their AC. I did not sweat through a wedding. No way!

I did not go with Mr. Potts to Waffle House at 3 in the morning to make sure that we had "food on our stomachs before we went to bed."I'll even carry this into today!

I did not lay in bed this morning instead of going to the gym. I did not look over at Mr. Potts with one eye sealed shut & tell him to turn off the alarm because, "It is too nice to be in my own bed with my own pillow & have to get up & go to the gym."

I did not go to Harris Teeter to get our things for dinner (lemon garlic flounder filets) & completely forget to get anything for myself. Not I, small fry!

2 comments:

Brittany Ann said...

This is porch-sitting, wine-drinking weather! Go for it, girl!

Anonymous said...

Oh heavens, Waffle House. I may just need to do that this weekend in PA, they have GREAT waffle shops near PSU.

Oh, Mrs. Potts, I live vicariously through you!!