Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tasty Tuesday

Tonight Mr. Potts and I will be re-visiting one of our favorite stir-fry's: Spicy Green Bean, Ginger Beef Stir Fry. YUM! Instead of serving over white rice, we'll use brown rice.

I had my yearly doctors appointment today. I dread that every year. For the simple fact that I'm a weenie & usually pass out when I have blood taken. Ok, I pass out when I have to get shots. Whatever. Oh, and allergy tested. Anyone ever passed out from getting allergy tested?

::raises hand::

Yes, I have actually passed out while getting tested for allergies. One moment I was sitting on the stool telling her about my boyfriend, the next, I was on the ground with 4 or 5 nurses and a doctor standing over me. I was able to lay down for the rest of it.

The last time I was tested, I let the nice lady know that I may pass out. She kindly brought in a fan, a wet washcloth, some Sprite and crackers. About halfway through she asked me how I was going to get weekly allergy shots if I couldn't even get tested without passing out. My response? "I'm NOT getting allergy shots! Ever!" She asked why I was even being tested then. I was out of that office in less than 5 minutes!

One time I fell in the shower while traveling. I ended up tearing muscles since I landed on my side on the ledge - you know, what you step over to get into the tub? So a week later, my side started seizing up & I couldn't move. Turns out I had torn muscles & didn't know it. The 40 minute walk I took Hayden on the day before the seizing started? Well, that just triggered it.

Mr. Potts came to take care of me in the Urgent Care (one of my students had to rush me there since I couldn't drive!). I had to get a shot. There was no way I could get up on the table to lay down for it. He held my hand & promised me a Chick-fil-A milkshake once we were done if I didn't pass out. I didn't - but I sure was woozy!!

Numerous times over the years I've passed out (literally fallen to the ground) after getting shots or giving blood.

Today? I made sure to breathe. I didn't look at the needle. I didn't pass out.

Score:
Mrs. Potts - 2 or 3
Needles - too many to count

6 comments:

USCEmily said...

I hate needles too, and passed out after they pricked my finger once when I was getting a physical. Needless to say, that was the seventh grade, and I am still petrified of needles and almost start crying when I have to get my finger pricked for my yearly doctor's visit.
I don't know how in the world I will ever have a child and have to deal with all that bloodwork, etc. Maybe I won't.

Lis said...

Just found your blog and wanted to say hi!! :) I love it!!!

You poor thing with the needles! I just look the other way but I used to work in a Doctor's office and we had a lot of people who would pass out! :(

Susan said...

I never used to have problems with needles, but lately, it is getting harder (and here I thought it was supposed to be easier as I got older...). Hope it gets easier for you.

Beth Dunn said...

I'm a fool when it comes to needles. Always sweat and shake. Glad to know another one like me. xo

Lindsey said...

Your blog is the cutest!!! Love it!

Brittany Ann said...

Oh, I am the same way! Thank you for sympathizing! I passed out getting the TB prick test! If it involves a needle, I'm gone! Thank you making me feel like I'm not alone out there!

I'll keep dropping food on myself if you keep passing out at needles. That way, we're never alone!