I recently did this on Facebook & thought I'd share it with you all. Some of the things you may have already known.
1. I love to throw parties. I love hosting people over. I love everything to do with having people over, except for the cleaning that comes before.
2. I love to cook. I love experimenting with food. I'm really good at it too.
3. Mr. Potts was the best chance I ever took.
4. I miss Maddy every day & still look around for her. I don't think I'll ever get over losing her.
5. I told my ex-husband that I would kill him if he tried to keep Maddy. And I meant it.
6. I cry. Easily. The commercial (yes, commercial) that gets me every year is the Folgers one where the son comes home & makes coffee & his mom comes downstairs & sees him. I feel that I am extremely empathetic, which leads to my crying.
7. I once was "mis-placed" in a mall by a forgetful babysitter (could have been an aunt or friend of my mom's, I'm not sure). Luckily they found me.
8. I don't get hangovers. Yep, I know, you hate me.
9. I have an obsession with beautiful handbags. Mr. Potts indulges my obsession & usually gives me a new one for Christmas & birthdays.
10. I love to read. I've been known to buy 10 books at a time so I don't run out & not have anything to read.
11. I'm incredibly goofy. I mean, to a point that Mr. Potts just shakes his head at me. I'm so goofy that I laugh at myself. A lot.
12. I wish I had kept in touch better with people I knew from high school & college.
13. I'm pretty good at the track - the horse track. The last time we went to Derby (Mr. Potts is from Louisville) I won. I won enough that I walked out with as much as I walked in with. Even after buying food & drinks.
14. I met my father when I was 13 & we've built our relationship from there. I'm really proud that we've gotten closer over the last few years.
15. I have been to 42 of the 50 states. I'll probably never visit all 50 - I just can't think of anything that really would take me to South Dakota....nope, probably not.
16. I was mugged when I lived in New Orleans. Right in front of my house. Two days before I was to move back to NC. It was Cinco de Mayo & I had gone with my friends to eat at my favorite Southwestern restaurant (Sante Fe) and then went home. I heard someone behind me & I thought he was asking for change. So I brushed it off with a "I don't have any change." Something in his tone changed & when I turned around I saw the gun & heard the man tell me to give him my money. I was a little inebriated & laughed at him until I realized he was serious.
17. I never carry cash (see #16)
18. I can fall asleep anywhere. It is a special talent I have - this thing for sleeping. I can fall asleep on a plane, in a car, for a quick 30 minute nap. Easy
19. I drink more water than anyone I know. I probably drink anywhere from 2-3 gallons of water a day.
20. I must have coffee every morning. If I don't, I get a headache later.
21. I can only let my hair grow to a certain point. After that, I have to cut it or I get headaches because it is so thick & heavy.
22. I was born missing one of my bottom teeth. It just never grew in. So I'm short a tooth.
23. I am on a first name basis with my periodontist. I've had two mouth surgeries (I won't go into the details - enough to say it was excruciatingly painful) and am a total freak about good oral hygiene. I floss at least twice a day & am a snob about the kind of floss I use.
24. I love my job & feel that I have a lot of growth potential with it.
25. My favorite flowers are tulips. I personally think that roses are over-rated.
2 days ago