Saturday, January 10, 2009

Changes in the air

I changed a few things about my blog - the background is a major one. I'm not sure I'm really loving it. What do you think? Should I go back to my happy pink (pre New Year background)? Should I pick another new one?

I also added a bit more to the introduction. I did start this with all intentions of it being a food blog (recipes, restaurant reviews, etc.) but it has morphed into so much more. I'll still be adding recipes, but with work for the next two months I'm going to be crazy busy & will be traveling. So you'll probably have more restaurants tidbits than anything.

I also changed my picture. I played around with several last night (whilst taking a break from working - ugh!) and kept coming back to this one picture. In it you see my Great Dane, Madeline M'Lady - otherwise known as My Maddy, Maddy Girl, Bigun', SlobberBobber, Madkins or lovebug. I'm sure there were a thousand other names, but those were my favorite. I lost My Maddy in October to progressive heart disease and am still heartbroken. I just miss her like crazy. Anyway, I'm sure that I will change that picture soon enough, but I really just miss her. This was taken by one of my bridesmaids a few days before Mr. Potts & I had to take her in & let her go. It was a fun day to go to the park & take some pictures - we also took some with Hayden, our yellow lab.

So, what do you think of the changes? Any recommendations?

Happy Saturday! I hope it stays sunny for the Panthers game today! I hope that Jake Delhomme plays consistently & doesn't throw the ball away.

Oh yes, a funny anecdote. An elderly lady stood up in church recently when asked for additions to the general prayers for people. She simply said, "Pray for Jake" and sat down. What a smart woman - Jake needs as much help as we all do!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your new background... what do yo think of my new layout? I can't decide if I like it or if I should go back to a 2 column format.

Tina said...

I like the new background. Didnt see the new picture tho?

Shasta said...

I like the new background also! Your pic is really sweet, I'm sorry you lost your sweet dog. Pets really are our family too.

*Kimmie* said...

Love the layout, so sorry to hear about your furbaby!

Sassy Engineer said...

I like the new layout :)