Monday, January 19, 2009

Mr. Handsome

I've been working all weekend. Literally working. Yesterday was a 12 hour day. Still working this morning. It isn't fun, but it is necessary right now. Needless to say, nothing super exciting went on for me this weekend, however, I did realize how amusing Mr. Potts can be.

Last night while sitting on the couch (working) he came downstairs with a cute little smirk on his face. He announced to me that Pepe has a new name. He has decided that he will now be called...wait for it.... Mr. Handsome. Uh huh. My husband has decided that our fluffy orange cat (who is admittedly quite the handsome fella) should be called that regularly. Now, Mr. Handsome, er, Pepe is quite a funny cat. He will "hunt" my ponytail holders and then present them as a prize. He was a rescue kitten who when I found him only weighed 4lbs and was 4 months old. Interesting cat to say the least. But Mr. Handsome?What do you think?

So up to bed we went and I swear, I don't know when/how this happened, but Mr. Potts is turning Mr. Handsome into a lap cat! He laid on him last night! Ever since I rescued Pepe, he's been skittish - I'm not sure how his first 4 months were. He's never been a lovey-dovey cat, more of a "That is your space, this is my space" cat. I was so jealous. :)

Hope you all have a scrumptious Monday! Don't forget to check out Mrs. G over at Mmmm...Tastes Good if you're interested in her Doodle Bugs Paper Show.

7 comments:

The Rantings of a Drama Queen's Mum said...

Hi. Stopping by from SITS. He is very cute. I think I like Mr. Handsome better.

*Kimmie* said...

Well he is pretty handsome!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting about my online show!!!

Belle said...

He is incredibly handsome!!

Lisa Petrarca said...

I think Mr. Potts is right!

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Preston said...

Saw you on SITS roll call and thought I'd stop by. Cats are a curious breed and maybe Mr. Handsome has decided that it's his time for a little attention, for as you well know, it's ALWAYS the cat's decision.

Amanda said...

I think that is a cute name. Also we adopted a cat when she was young. She was found on the street. For the first year she was very playful but not affectionate. Then as she got bigger. and i mean BIGGER! She slowed down and now she loves to cuddle.