Friday, June 12, 2009

Beauty Confessions

Amber, over at Life As We Know It shared her beauty confessions yesterday. She's such a sweet person, so I knew I would have to do this as well. Plus, it was an easy post for me to write and perfect for a Friday.

1. What's your favorite make up look?
I tend to stay pretty neutral for work days. To go out, I usually play up my eyes with a more smokey look.

2. Do you have a beauty vice?
I de-clog my pores regularly. And, no, I don't use one of those professional tools. I prefer my pointer fingers. But I wash my hand before! Oh yeah, I pluck the little black hair that grows under my chin.

3. What part of your body do you love?
I like my hair. Does that count? Ask me when I'm down some poundage. All this food I've been consuming (I'm an emotional eater) isn't helping.

4. Who is your beauty icon?
I'm going with Amanda's answer. I like Reese Witherspoon. She looks fresh & natural, but can glam it up when needed.
5. What beauty products make you feel sexy?
I'm going through a bit of a slump right now, but I really LOVE the Smashbox gift set I won from Julie - Thanks Julie!

6. How do you look after your skin?
I drink tons of water (probably 2-3 gallons a day), I try to get enough sleep, I try to sleep on my back (so I don't add any more wrinkles than necessary), I wash my face every night, I use eye cream & face cream & I use night cream at night - duh. I also add a little Vaseline around my eyes at night to help seal in the moisture.

7. What is your signature scent?
I don't really have one. I was wearing Kenneth Cole Black for a while, but I'm onto Ralph Lauren Romance now.

8. What are your haircare secrets?
I use the Loreal Professional line for shampoo & conditioner. In the summer, I will add in the Bumble & Bumble Creme de Cocao masque.I use Redken Anti-Snap leave in conditioner religiously & I don't wash my hair but every 3 days or so.

9. How do you pamper yourself?
I either sleep or get a massage.
10. What is your beauty pet peeve?
When people have uber greasy hair because they put so much product in it to try & keep it from getting frizzy. I know, I know. I'm wrong for even judging, but c'mon. A little goes a long way!

11. What would your desert island must haves be?
I use chapstick every day, several times a day & I love the stuff with spf 15. Also, a good sunscreen & body lotion. And my hair masque. And pony tail holders. And sunglasses - we all need a good pair of sunglasses, right?
12. Do you have a beauty philosophy?
Smile. You'll always be prettier with a smile.

Happy Friday everyone!

5 comments:

Colby said...

You are too cute! Reese is my beauty icon as well- does she ever look bad? I also wore Ralph's Romance and then I found Ralph Lauren Blue- Im in love and get a ton of compliments on it. Maybe anything Ralph Lauren is good ?lol

Anonymous said...

I love that you admitted to having a little black hair on your chin! I have one on my neck... grooosssss i know! But I don't feel as bad now!!
THanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I love this post. I'm on the same page as you for #2, both parts. I'm so bad about popping those suckers.

Amber said...

Yay I'm glad you did this one! Great answers :-)

Whitney said...

Love me some Reese Witherspoon! I think I'm going to copy you with this!