While over there eating, they may broccoli. When we were leaving to come home Mr. Potts looked over at me and asked why we don't eat broccoli more often. I told him I would make him some this week. Which led me to yesterday perusing Cooking Light. I'll often pull my recipe inspirations from them and then tweak it.
I found Broccoli with Red Pepper Flakes and Toasted Garlic. I didn't even tweak the recipe - I thought it would come out well as it is. It was a perfect side to a Peppercorn crusted Pork Tenderloin & some brown rice. Mine was a brighter green than this pictured below - from CookingLight.com.
For those interested, the recipe is below.
Broccoli with Red Pepper Flakes and Toasted Garlic
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 cups broccoli florets (about 1 head)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add sliced garlic and saute for 1 minute until beginning to brown.
- Add broccoli, kosher salt, crushed red pepper, and sliced garlic.
- Sauté 2 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup water.
- Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook for 2 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender.