I may have mentioned that I'm having a lot of difficulty working with my co-worker. We'll call her DPH (Dirty Pirate Hooker). This week I was co-delivering a team building session. The following are some of the things I experienced:
- Slightly veiled arrows thrown my way (I've had 30 years of experience - I'm barely 30, so who do you think that was directed at?)
- Deliberately left out of needs assessment and pre-facilitation meetings.
- When I found out about the meetings, I told her I expected to be included and asked when the next one was - nothing.
- Deliberate withholding the feedback forms (which I developed) for me to review.
- When I finally was able to review them (I had to demand them) she told me she was going to review them with the two Senior Managers and share the feedback and observations. I told her that I should be included in this and asked when she planned to do it. She refused to answer. I thought maybe I may have had an email invitation for a time to do this, but nothing.
But wait, there's more. My boss knows about all this & has her hands tied. DPH's husband in a VP in our company. Our President was called by DPH's Husband before she got her performance review (which was BAD) to tell him how great she is. So even though she sucks, she's protected.
If you have any advice or feedback on how to work with her, I would so appreciate it. I'm slowly getting to the point where I don't know if I can continue to work with her. Yet, I don't want to tell my boss that I "can't work with DPH". How would that look on me? I'm frustrated & upset because I've never been personally attacked in my workplace. I'm at a point where I dread working with her. My shoulders are always tense, I'm starting to get regular headaches.