Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Did you know?

Did you know that in the course of your lifetime, you'll spend:
  • seven years in the bathroom
  • six years eating
  • five years waiting in line
  • three years in meetings
  • two years playing phone tag
  • eight months opening junk mail
  • six months sitting at red lights

And on an average day, you’ll get interrupted seventy-three times a day, take an hour of work home, read less than five minutes, talk to your spouse for four minutes, exercise less than three minutes, and play with your kid for two minutes.

I'm researching for a Time M*nagement course and this interesting tidbit popped up. Where does your time go?

The part about spending only 4 minutes talking to Mr. Potts a day made me sad. I'm going to shoot for 5 a day! He'll wish it were only 3....HA!

***NOTE***
Totally kidding about the 3 minutes. We talk a ton. Honest.

11 comments:

Whitney said...

That is absolutely crazy! And makes me think what I spend MY time doing in a day!

Amber said...

Eight months opening junk mail?? That suuuuuucks!

Annie said...

Insane!
As of right now I feel like I've already spent 6 years eating ;) I love food! Also, I'm glad to know that my fiance and I must have better communication/chat time than most. We talk for hours every night. I love it!
Thanks for sharing that info tho!

d.a.r. said...

Aw that is kinda sad...

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's interesting! I love those number thingies. I think they're fascinating. I was always amazed when I heard the number thing about laughing- the average kindergartener laughs 315 times a day!! The average adult only laughs 5 times a day. How sad :(

Tara Gibson said...

that is nuts!!! we need to spend our time better haha

Sassy Engineer said...

How interesting! So often I get frustrated when sitting at work on a slow day because I can think of a thousand things that need to be done at home.

littlesack said...

teehee. i feel like ive spent WAY longer than three years in meetings (and ive only been working for three years, so probably not, but...)

Lindsey said...

This was really interesting!!

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

That's crazy! 6 months at red lights? Sheesh!

In This Wonderful Life said...

these are CRAZY facts! I had NO idea!!