Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Big Win!

I am back in New England this week for work and as always, staying at a Hilton property - it's all about the points (and the work budget) you know.

I always have a hard time falling asleep in a hotel. I double check my alarm, I the newspaper being shoved under the door, I re-check my alarm, I hear kids running in the hall.

Side note - I will (and have) jerk open the door in my pj's and my hair in all it's sleep glory to hiss at children, "Do you have ANY idea what time it is?? People are trying to sleep!" This has been done at 3am on a Wednesday morning, so no, it wasn't at 11pm on a Friday night.

This morning I woke with a start. You know that jolt when you wake up & just KNOW that you've missed your alarm? Yes, that is what woke me up this morning - 4 minutes after my alarm was supposed to go off. What happened? I set the alarm. I double checked it.

It took me a few minutes to realize that someone had set the clock time to pm, evening, night instead of the right time.

*insert eye roll here*

Thwarted! I still managed to get up! Soon will be on my way to one of our offices here for a Train the Tra*ner session.

Don't forget - Birthday Giveaway posted last night!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate that. I swear sometimes there is no answer why the alarm doesn't go off. Sometimes I just can't explain it. I look like an OCD freak-a-zoid checking my alarm at night to make sure that I have perfectly set it.

Lindsey said...

I am def OCD about my alarm too!

Tara Gibson said...

i am def ocd about my alarm too!

Whitney said...

Oh man - what a hectic start to the day!

Anonymous said...

I'm the SAME way! I think in some ways that the people who don't need alarm clocks have a heightened keen sense of the ability to arise before their alarms.

&& New England. Is love. So jealous!

Anonymous said...

I hate that horrible feeling that you've overslept. I'm glad you only did it by 4 minutes, though.

Annie said...

i am always double checking my alarm and if i wake up in the middle of the night i always check the clock....i hate the feeling that i've over slept.
glad you only did by 4 minutes!

Amber said...

Oh my gosh, good thing you woke up anyway!