Thursday, August 6, 2009

Observations from Wednesday night

Wednesday nights are when I leave work, walk across the street and go to Cardio Sculpt. Last night I realized the following things:

  • No matter what, I'm going to walk out of the gym after that class looking like I just died & someone revived me. And then slapped me. HARD.
  • It is HOT in that gym. I had sweat running down every single part of my body. Even my feet.
  • Desiree could kick Jillian Michael's ass every day of the week. And then do it again. Seriously.
  • I need some new training shoes.
  • I need new sports bras.
  • I need new tops for heavy sweating. I mean, I walked in & Mr. Potts asked if I'd gotten caught in the rain. I looked outside at the sun & said, "Nope, just Desiree."
  • I've tried to get Mr. Potts to go to her class with me. He just laughs.
  • I may (just maybe a little) be ready for fall weather.
Anyone have any good recommendations for training shoes (like for lifting or doing cardio classes)?

14 comments:

Heather said...

I am SOOO ready for Fall weather. I also need a new sports bra!!

Tara Gibson said...

yeah for a great workout! I love getting my butt kicked by a trainer. I am ready for some fall weather too!

Whitney said...

Oh, that sounds like when I used to do Cardio Boot Camp at my gym. OMG it was brutal. I died twice a week in that class! HA!

Lindsey said...

Sounds like a great workout!!

Notes From the Grove said...

LOL!!!!! Oh my God, that first bullet point made me laugh so hard!

Good for you, girl! Keep those workouts up!

brown eyed girl said...

LOL! I feel the same way after I run..I sweat in places that I didn't know could sweat, TMI but the truth! Try TJ Maxx or Marshalls for sports bras..I've found some nice (read: expensive) ones for 13 dollars and they support wonderfully and fit great!

Keep it up! :)

Ashley Pizarro said...

I love cardio sculpt! I go during the week as well and boy I feel like someone has knocked me out when I leave that class!! But, I love feeling good about my body when I leave! You are too funny and your list made me laugh! I tell my hubby he needs to go to and he just laughs at me too!

KAC said...

Whenever I workout no matter what I do I always look like someone ran me over too! I am TOTALLY ready for fall weather too!

Annie said...

i had the same type of workout yesterday....walked in my house still dripping with sweat, i walk to and from my gym. my B suggested i shower right away, lol!

Belle said...

I bet it was a great workout though! I sweat a ton when I workout too and love to wear Under Armor workout stuff b/c it helps to take some of that away.

Angela Darling said...

I'd like to be ready for fall, but I feel like it hasn't even been summer yet around here. Right now it's 2 and it hasn't even made it into the 70's! Anyhoo- about the workout stuff... under armor hyas great workout clothes (great for dealing with sweat) and I usually stick to Asics for good footwear.

Chaotic Bliss said...

As women, we are always thinking of ways to shop! Because I know every time I go to the gym I think about something extra that I need! That's funny!

Marissa {sparkles and fate} said...

I am sooooo ready for October!

Brittany Ann said...

I am with you on the leaving the gym looking like you died feeling!! I'm always like that.
As for shoes...I recommend Asics...their runner with ankle support or cross trainer.