Thursday, August 6, 2009

Observations from Wednesday night

Wednesday nights are when I leave work, walk across the street and go to Cardio Sculpt. Last night I realized the following things:

  • No matter what, I'm going to walk out of the gym after that class looking like I just died & someone revived me. And then slapped me. HARD.
  • It is HOT in that gym. I had sweat running down every single part of my body. Even my feet.
  • Desiree could kick Jillian Michael's ass every day of the week. And then do it again. Seriously.
  • I need some new training shoes.
  • I need new sports bras.
  • I need new tops for heavy sweating. I mean, I walked in & Mr. Potts asked if I'd gotten caught in the rain. I looked outside at the sun & said, "Nope, just Desiree."
  • I've tried to get Mr. Potts to go to her class with me. He just laughs.
  • I may (just maybe a little) be ready for fall weather.
Anyone have any good recommendations for training shoes (like for lifting or doing cardio classes)?

14 comments:

Heather (Live.Love.Laugh.) said...

I am SOOO ready for Fall weather. I also need a new sports bra!!

Tara Gibson said...

yeah for a great workout! I love getting my butt kicked by a trainer. I am ready for some fall weather too!

Whitney said...

Oh, that sounds like when I used to do Cardio Boot Camp at my gym. OMG it was brutal. I died twice a week in that class! HA!

Lindsey said...

Sounds like a great workout!!

Brittany said...

LOL!!!!! Oh my God, that first bullet point made me laugh so hard!

Good for you, girl! Keep those workouts up!

Anonymous said...

LOL! I feel the same way after I run..I sweat in places that I didn't know could sweat, TMI but the truth! Try TJ Maxx or Marshalls for sports bras..I've found some nice (read: expensive) ones for 13 dollars and they support wonderfully and fit great!

Keep it up! :)

Ashley said...

I love cardio sculpt! I go during the week as well and boy I feel like someone has knocked me out when I leave that class!! But, I love feeling good about my body when I leave! You are too funny and your list made me laugh! I tell my hubby he needs to go to and he just laughs at me too!

KAC said...

Whenever I workout no matter what I do I always look like someone ran me over too! I am TOTALLY ready for fall weather too!

Annie said...

i had the same type of workout yesterday....walked in my house still dripping with sweat, i walk to and from my gym. my B suggested i shower right away, lol!

Belle said...

I bet it was a great workout though! I sweat a ton when I workout too and love to wear Under Armor workout stuff b/c it helps to take some of that away.

Anonymous said...

I'd like to be ready for fall, but I feel like it hasn't even been summer yet around here. Right now it's 2 and it hasn't even made it into the 70's! Anyhoo- about the workout stuff... under armor hyas great workout clothes (great for dealing with sweat) and I usually stick to Asics for good footwear.

Miss K said...

As women, we are always thinking of ways to shop! Because I know every time I go to the gym I think about something extra that I need! That's funny!

~M~ said...

I am sooooo ready for October!

Brittany Ann said...

I am with you on the leaving the gym looking like you died feeling!! I'm always like that.
As for shoes...I recommend Asics...their runner with ankle support or cross trainer.