Thursday, August 27, 2009

Out of Town Birthday Celebrations

Ahh....birthdays. What beautiful days. Yesterday was beautiful in New England. The temps were in mid 80's. Absolutely wonderful. Today it will barely be in the 70's with tomorrow not even getting out of the 60's. That sounds a little too chilly for August, so I'm happy to be leaving on the high note today.

Yesterday I didn't make it to Kennebunk/Kennebunkport. My stomach started growling around 11:45 - which coincided with driving through Portsmouth, NH. This is a pretty town located on a pretty river (Piscataqua River) which runs tug boats. I decided to stop in their historic downtown and have lunch. I typically don't have opportunities to explore a lot while I'm traveling for work, so this was a nice treat.

Lunch was pretty good, but look at the view I had while eating.I saw several tugboats coming in. If you've never watched them dock, they're fast!
I went for dinner last night with one of my co-worker/friends that live here. It was quite the trendy little restaurant, but our service was awful. Don't you hate when you find a fun little restaurant with great food, but the service is disappointing?

The end of the meal was finished with coffee and donuts. I didn't think to take a picture until after all the food was eaten, but how cute is it that they decorated the plate for me?
The flash was on in this next picture. Hello bright light!
I'll be back to normal commenting tomorrow and hope to get caught up quickly on my reading. So if there is a rash of posting on your blogs, just know that I'm finally able to sit and savor your thoughts.

Happy Thursday - and don't forget to enter my giveaway!

11 comments:

Brown Girl said...

That sounds like a great trip, happy birthday! Hope your have a great Thursday!

Anonymous said...

Oh that was a gorgeouss view! So glad to hear you had a wonderful day! Hope the rest of the celebratin' goes just as well!

Lindsey said...

What a fab day!!

Whitney said...

Oh, what a view! Hope your birthday was great!

Brittany said...

Happy Birthday! What a fun trip. When Brent and I celebrated our first anniversary, we got a plate that said "Happy Anniversary" in chocolate too!

Annie said...

that view is beautiful!!
i'm glad you had such a great bday! looks like you had the most perfect weather!
so cute that the plate said happy birthday and in chocolate, yummy!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful place! It's so nice that you had the opportunity to stop there.

KAC said...

What an amazing place I love NH, Maine and that area! Hope you had a great birthday!

Under this Umbrella said...

Yummy lunch and great views and scenery for a special birthday lunch. Hope you had a great day!!!

Abbie said...

I was just there in June (for work). Makes me want to ask which restaurant it was.... :)

In This Wonderful Life said...

Sounds like a fun time! I love how they wrote on the plate!!! Hope it was a HAPPY BIRTHDAY :)