Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Show us your Wedding - Reception

Kelly over at Kelly's Korner has been hosting Show Us Your Life - Wedding style. I missed out on last Friday's which was reception & honeymoon, so I'm doing reception today & throwing in a little honeymoon tomorrow. Happy Tuesday!

Our photographer caught us running for our trolley - note the blue shoes!
The trolley the wedding party took to our reception siteI was SO excited to be Mrs. Potts!
Mr. Potts gave me dance lessons (have I told you how clumsy I am?) and our first dance was to "When You Say Nothing At All". Pretty telling - since I'm the chatty Potts! A twirl & a pause A dip (my bustle broke - thank God for safety pins)
So excited that we did the dance, remembered all the steps & I didn't fall!
Cutting the cake - oh so yummy! Notice my sweet niece...just waiting.....

Yep, first bite
No cake left for anyone - it was THAT good. No worries - our baker will make us another top.
Our "sweetheart" table Our tables at the reception
My niece was so excited to dance with me, she jumped in my arms, caught me off balance & down we both went!
While my niece was in the middle of things, my nephew was content with a spoon.
My brother & me
We like to party - 80's Hairband style!

Mr. Potts getting down

Last dance - Bruce Springsteen - Dancin in the Dark

One of my favorite couples
Lots of fun!!!

10 comments:

Heather (Live.Love.Laugh.) said...

Great pictures. It looks like a beautiful day!

Brittany Ann said...

You guys looked like you had a ton of fun! So awesome!

Brittany said...

I love these! You guys all look so happy!

Unknown said...

Great photos ~ looks like everyone had a terrific time dancing, eating and enjoying the event.
Your cakes was gorgeous and so were the decorations.

Belle said...

I LOVE that third photo-- You just look so happy! What a wonderful time ya'll must have had!

Anonymous said...

Looks like such a great day. Loved the blue shoes. Was your sweetheart table a pub height table? Did you have any trouble getting up on the chair in your dress? Your niece and nephew looks so cute!

Anonymous said...

Oh it looks like you had so much fun! beautiful pictures!

~M~ said...

AW! Looks like a wonderful reception!

Whitney said...

I love the "dip" picture! So sweet!

Dee Stephens said...

Where did you get married here in CLT? Where was the reception? Looks like S.End?