Thursday, August 13, 2009

Birthdays should be made a big deal out of

I have always been of the opinion that birthdays should be made a big deal out of - see here and here. Mr. Potts doesn't always share my point of view - although I don't know why, as I'm always right. There was one time when I was wrong, but it was so long ago that I don't remember it, so it doesn't count.

I've tried to drop some hints along the way of what I'd like for my birthday. Subtle hints. You know, like emailing him links to things I would like. That's been a bust.

I sent him this - Burberry:
He laughed at me.

I sent him this"That's funny!" he responded.

I also sent him thisThis one is maybe a bit more likely, no?

Since it is my birthday month, I'll be hosting a giveaway to celebrate. Because, you gotta share the love!

8 comments:

Heather (Live.Love.Laugh.) said...

Love the bag!!

I agree, birthdays should be a HUGE deal. I go all out for mine!

Under this Umbrella said...

I love, love, love birthdays and truly feel they should be made a big deal of! Mr. Potts better get on the big birthday bandwagon or he is going to be quite sad when his birthday rolls around and it isn't BIG FUN! We know what you did for him this year and as much as he might try to act like he doesn't love it, we all know he would be sad, sad, sad if you weren't there to spread the birthday love!

Love your choices and perhaps with the "that's funny" bit he is only trying to get you THINK you aren't getting those.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MONTH TO YOU!!!!!

USCEmily said...

Ok, I'll let you in on a little secret about the Cartier watch. I have the look-alike (ok, I guess it's a knock off) from Visage that I got for Christmas and it looks exactly like that except it says Visage and not Cartier.
Maybe that would be a good alternative since Cartier is so expensive? I think mine was around $75 or so, and I love it!!

Ashley said...

I love birthdays and they most def. are a big deal!!! I hope you get all your birthday wishes and that Mr. Potts surprises you with a fabulous gift that you deserve!! :) Celebrate alll month long!

In This Wonderful Life said...

great pics!! I hope your birthday wishes come true pretty lady :)

d.a.r. said...

Happy birthday month!!! And I agree, it should be a BIIIGGGG deal!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha... why don't they ever get those not-so-subtle hints?! My hunny buns made a joke of it the last time I hinted. Grr... I love that love bug, btw.

Anonymous said...

You have such good taste! Maybe suggest to dear Mr. Potts that you'd like a Tiffany key necklace? They are sooo pretty and I want one soooo badly! I told Dimples that he needed to step up his game and buy me diamonds this year because it's been awhile. Then I realized I just got my (diamond) wedding band two months ago, but on our three and six month anniversarys of dating and our one year anniversary, I got diamonds. He started off with the bar set high! I'm sure that no matter what, Mr. Potts is taking mental inventory of your burberry bag and cartier watch, because they're simple, classic, and beautifullll pieces and men have a sense of pride when they buy their ladies something pretty and everyone oogles over it!
Yay birthdays!!