Thursday, February 5, 2009

A Few Drool Worthy Pictures

**Warning**
If you are hungry right now, you may want to have a snack before you scroll down.
Better now? Ok!

I have been making all these wonderful, yummy dinners for Mr. Potts and myself lately. I've been taking pictures too - just to document that I actually can make roasted butternut squash soup from scratch. I finally, just now downloaded (or uploaded - which is correct?) the pictures. Enjoy!!

Note: If you would like either of these recipes, leave me a comment & I'll be happy to email them to you. I'd post them, but this post is already so long.

Roasted Butternut Squash Soup with Fontina "Grilled Cheese"
The roasting of the squash
The end result
The "Grilled Cheese" Aren't our dishes pretty?

Spicy Chile Chicken Tortilla Bake
Into the oven
Finished productThis is so good, even though it looks really ugly! It has green chiles, a secret hot sauce (given to us by a neighbor), shredded chicken, corn tortillas, cream of chicken & some other things. Kind of like a Mexican lasagna - which is good for me, since I've been craving Mexican food & it isn't really diet/health friendly. At least not what I've been craving.

Side note: I follow Living in Dallas & Loving it! (you should too - she's wonderful!). Kimmie loves cupcakes and on Sundays posts pictures of various yummy ones. She also posted 2 super cute ones for Groundhog's Day. Since she's been posting the yummy goodness, my desire for a cupcake has multiplied 100fold. So yesterday for lunch I went and got one. That was lunch. Oh, and an apple - you know, to make it healthy. These are the cupcakes I picked up (I got one for each of my department members also) - I had the carrot cake (bottom left corner of the picture). I'm going back on Friday for Strawberry. MMMMMMMM
Are you hungry now?

8 comments:

Olde Town Style Guide said...

YES! Girlfriend, I'm now starving!!!! Gosh, feed me!! :)

Unknown said...

those look fabulous! oh i am drooling on my desk :) will you be sharing the recipes?

Anonymous said...

Oh my heavens. I need to put that chicken casserole on my Menu Mondays forevermore!

I'm glad I was eating lunch and checking blogger, otherwise I would have ate my arm!

Michelle said...

It all looks fabulous. I also make a roasted butternut squash soup that's really good - and good for you. I liked your pine nuts on top, nice touch.

d.a.r. said...

I hate you! I love you! I am starving!

Lovely post. Now I want to gnaw my arm off :)

Mrs. Ruby said...

Uh yes. Now I am quite starving. (What's new?)
Those all look so delicious!!!!

*Kimmie* said...

Those cupcakes are gorgeous! They look absolutely delicious as well! Hope they hold you over until this weekend's edition of scrumptious sundays! =) HUGE thanks for the shout out!!!

Whitney said...

I was hungry before and I'm freaking starving now!
Love the plates for sure - Mikasa?