Sunday, February 8, 2009

Spring is in the air!!

Has anyone else experienced 70+ degree weather this weekend? We have enjoyed Spring like weather the last two days and my itch for Spring has started!I could wax on and on for my love of spring in the South. The blooming tulips and daffodils put a smile on my face. The Bradford Pears lined up with their beautiful pink and white blooms remind me of driving down those grand old tree lined streets. The Dogwood trees take me back to growing up as a happy child with my mother and brother. Playing outside in the spring and watching the trees begin to open up their blooms and get ready for a beautiful season.

I'm ready for cold weather to be over, for warm weather to be here for good and to be able to wear all my cute Spring clothes. I'm thinking of a Spring themed giveaway in honor of my 75th post. I'll definitely give you hints along the way, so stay tuned!

9 comments:

University of Iowa Meg said...

WATER is key the night before and after! I find if I just fill up on water before I go to bed after drinking it makes a world of difference. Don't you love the weather this weekend! It was a balmy 56 yesterday in Chicago!

Whitney said...

Today it is 70 - I do love Spring!
Love your new look!

d.a.r. said...

Ah it was gorgeous here last week!!! Now it is supposed to snow by Wednesday. Pooey, I want spring!

littlesack said...

o... can't wait for the give-a-way. It was gorgeous here today too!!

Barefoot in the Park said...

so beautiful this week...i think i have a case of spring fever!

New Girl on Post said...

I'm ready for warm weather and no rain! I swear it's rained like every day since we've been in Italy.

Unknown said...

i have LOVED the warmer weather this week! i wish spring was already here...i have a feeling this warm heat wave is just a glimpse of what's to come in a few months so we can make it through the rest of winter :)

Pink Pearls & Muddy Sneakers said...

We had great weather here too :) Whenever you have a sec, I would LOVE the recipe for your Spicy Chile Chicken Tortilla bake! Thank you for posting about it - I am looking for more recipes! :) my email is pinkpearlsandmuddysneakers at gmail

Sassy Engineer said...

I have been enjoying the warmer weather. This is one of my favorite things about the south! BTW, have you received your giveaway package yet? I hope it didn't get lost in the mail!