Thursday, February 12, 2009

I made it!

I made it through the exercise class last night. I walked out with my face looking like the picture above. My face turns so red when I work out; it always has. I've been working out regularly - doing cardio, lifting weights - but this was HARD! And I had a great time with my co-worker A. We laughed quite a bit at ourselves, but kept a positive attitude & cheered each other on. "You're totally rocking those leap frogs!" "You did a great job with the side shuffle!" At the end of class the one that cracked us both up: "Wow! Your hair looks awesome!" So we're going to make this a weekly thing where we go every Wednesday night after work. I think that breaking up my work-out routine has the potential to really help my fitness level.

Just curious - does anyone else get work-out hair? Mine gets all sorts of kinky around my face thanks to natural waves/curls that come out when I sweat & get hot.

7 comments:

littlesack said...

Man, I look like that when I work out too. completely red faced and gross. i get work out hair too--all the baby hairs around my face turn wiggly and curly.

its why i get so angry at the "gym bunnies" working out with their hair down and not sweaty. pisses me off

sounds like fun and it will totally boost your fitness/ not allow you to plateau

Island Girl said...

Glad it went well!

I get bad workout hair! I like my hair in a ponytail - it think it looks cute, whether it does or not, I don't - but the little hairs that "pop" out curly and point all directions! It's not pretty!

Reeni said...

My hair curls up too, and I get a whole bunch of fuzzies. It sounds like you had such a fun time!

Lindsey said...

YES! I get like that too when I workout, haha!

Unknown said...

congrats on your successful workout! i'm too lazy to be motivated enough :)

ps...don't forget its free giveaway friday! i'm giving away a cute purse today :)

Kristen said...

I always get red in the face too!

My hair gets crazy after a long run especially when I don't wear a hat!

Happy Valentine's Day Eve!

Amber said...

I don't get the workout hair so much but I do get the red-as-a-lobster face! Which is one reason I don't workout :-)