Wednesday, February 11, 2009

"I'm a little nervous."

"I'm a little nervous," was my comment to Mr. Potts today when he asked about the class I'm going to tonight. I'm going to a class called Cardio Sculpt with one of my co-workers at 6:30pm. I'm nervous because I haven't been in a group exercise class since I was 18. Have I told you before that I'm clumsy? I've tripped on nothing walking down the aisle at work. I have fallen in bathtubs while traveling & torn muscles. My middle name is NOT Grace.

So, "I'm a little nervous," was a very light description of the terror I feel gripping my heart. I hope it lets up enough that I don't pass out in the class. Trip over the step, fall across the dumbbells - Possibly. Pass out from a panic attack - hopefully not!

Hopefully, I'll manage to stay on my feet, not pass out & look like this. Wish me luck!

8 comments:

Tina said...

I can totally relate! I am so clumsy myself. I am not brave enough to try one of those classes. I stick with yoga, at least then i'm usually not the only one falling over. Good luck tho!

Sparkling Like A Diamond said...

Good luck to you. I am not the most agile person, but over the past two years have tried my luck at many different exercise classes. I am now more confident and really not so worried any longer. No worries, you will do fine.

Island Girl said...

Good luck! Group classes scared me too, until last summer, when I just went for it - I mean really jumped into it - I took a zumba class :) I'm sure I looked stupid, but it was fun!

Enjoy your class!

With Love from New Orleans said...

ahhh you know where to get the good stuff! Very nice! I always send my mother one.. I don't think she can make it through the winter without one!

XO

d.a.r. said...

Oh good luck!!! I always have a huge fear that I look like a moron. Probably because I usually do :)

Kristen said...

I went with a cowrker/friend for a year....that's what got me back into running. I don't like staying inside when it's so nice outside. I also have a stationary bike at home so between that and running...thankfully no more GYM!
My friend still goes to the gym...she loves the inside stuff and hates the outside stuff.

Good luck to you and finding what works

Anonymous said...

Good luck, pretty lady!!

Pink Pearls & Muddy Sneakers said...

You will be great! I can relate - if you could only see me at yoga, haha!