Friday, February 20, 2009

Travel Restaurant Review

I have been a traveler for most of my career. I have been to most of the US continental states in my travels. I've traveled so much that Mr. Potts and I will be heading to Hawaii for a full week (maybe two) in 2010 and staying completely on points.

When I travel, I try to eat sensibly, I mean, you never know exactly how things are prepared, how it will impact your diet, etc. I do, however, attempt to eat a nice meal at a nice restaurant. Last night in Burlington, that dinner was at Trattoria Delia. If you ever travel to Burlington, take a night and have dinner here. Especially if you are with your husband, fiance or boyfriend - best girlfriends, close friends or even casual acquaintances. Eat there by yourself! You're worth it!!

My dinner consisted of wonderful, homemade bread and this:

Gnocchi alla Gioverde
Our handmade potato gnocchi in a light tomato basil butter sauce, with organic Reggiano cheese.

And THIS:

Panna Cotta
The original Piemontese custard-like dessert of thick cream, sugar and vanilla bean, served with an Amaretto zabaglione and topped with fresh raspberries.
This was so wonderful, I wish I'd ordered two and only eaten that!

I'm traveling home this evening - sitting currently in the Burlington airport & hoping that my flight will not be delayed. I'm flying through Philadelphia (which I really don't like to do) and should be landing in Charlotte around 10:30pm. I can't wait to sleep in my own bed with my own pillow. Thank you all for entering my giveaway & don't forget to let others know about it!

Happy Friday! I hope you all have had a great week.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Yum! Just reading about those my stomach is growling!