Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Laissez les Bons Temps Rouler - Let the Good Times Roll

The last day of Carnival is today with tomorrow being Ash Wednesday - also the beginning of Lent.

Since I lived in New Orleans for a while & love, love, love the city and the people, I wanted to share a little of Fat Tuesday and Mardi Gras with you!

From Orpheus

From Proteus
From Zeus
From Muses
From Endymion
Dinner tonight - my red beans & rice with friends over to celebrate Fat Tuesday
A little of this to finish everything up - King Cake from Randazzo's!!

10 comments:

Kristen said...

I would love to go one day and see everything!

Dinner looks yummy!

Kristen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...

I have always wanted to go to NOLA for Mardi Gras. I'm sure it's s spectacle like no other!

littlesack said...

that cake looks delish!

Anonymous said...

I blogged about Mardi Gras today as well! Happy Mardi Gras to you!
We're feasting on shrimp and red beans and rice tonight! YUM!

KRISTEN'S PALACE said...

happy fat tuesday!! :)))) now about the giveaway, i want to be entered, and i'm a follower now! thanks for stopping by my blog.

Anonymous said...

This may sound silly, but I have no idea how to make red beans and rice. Do you have a good recipe for this?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recipe. I appreciate it!

Mrs. Ruby said...

What a fun post. Thanks for all the info!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recipe. BTW... I have something for you over at my blog