Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A view of our tree

When we decorated our tree on Saturday we put up ornaments that have never been used before.

When Mr. Potts and I were first married, we spent the first Christmas with his family. I've mentioned before that his Meme (Grandmother) is now mine.

When she asked what we'd like for Christmas I asked for a set of ornaments. Specifically, The Twelve Days of Christmas. I had in mind the Crate and Barrel 12 Days of Christmas ornament collection.

I'm so glad that is not what she chose.

Instead, she found The 12 Days of Christmas that put those I had picked out to shame.

When I opened the box on Saturday, my sweet niece oohed & ahhed. "Aunt Mrs. Potts!!! They're beoootifuuullllll!"

My precious nephew echoed the sentiment, "Boootifuuullll!"

Of course, they had to supervise where these went. I tried to capture some of the detail to share with you. I hope you can see them (I think the "5" showed up the best).

12 Pipers Piping

9 Ladies Dancing

8 Maids a Milking

7 Swans a Swimming

FIIIIIVVVEEEEE Golden RINNGGGGSSSS!

A few other faves on the tree.

Precious nephew loved the car.
One of my faves - the pretty kissy fishy! Without flash/with flash.


What are some of your favorite ornaments on your tree?

22 comments:

Heather (Live.Love.Laugh.) said...

Super cute ornaments!!

My fav ornament are the personalized ones we get every year.

Brittany Ann said...

They are definitely boooo-tiful!

LWLH said...

very very cute...love the 12 days of christmas ornaments

Jenn said...

omg I asked for the Crate and Barrel 12 days of Christmas ornaments.. But I like those better as well, do you know where she got them? Please tell me! ha

Lexilooo said...

I want the 12 Days of Christmas ornaments!

Dee Stephens said...

they are gorgeous! Did you get my email?

Tara Gibson said...

aww love those ornaments! I love my mini fur coats!

katie + bret said...

Love the ornaments! Pottery Barn has some 12 days of Christmas ones too that I am itching to buy!!!

Ashley said...

I want 12 days of Christmas ornaments!! SO pretty!

Lucy Marie said...

Very cute. I love them.

Lindsey said...

Gorgeous ornaments!!

d.a.r. said...

So pretty!!!

MCW said...

I love them all...a classy beautiful tree!

Meg said...

ohhh i love your ornaments! i hope someday to add many unique and beautiful ornaments to my tree, but i've only just begun collecting, so mine is still mostly generic blue & gold christmas balls :)
xo meg

The Pink Chick said...

I love your ornaments! The 12 days of Christmas ornaments are so pretty!

The Undomestic Mom said...

cute!!!! We got R. and 'R' ornament covered in crystals this year so its for sure my fav!

Annie said...

those are pretty ornaments!!
i love the 12 days of christmas ones!!
our tree doesn't have any "special" ornaments....

Erin said...

I love your 12 Days of Christmas ornaments! I've had my eyes on the Crate and Barrel ones myself, but yours are definitely better! I like the fish too!

Jen | Our Life Accounts said...

oh I love those 12 day of christmas ornaments, tell me you know where she got them!?!?! Our "tree" this year consisted of the little metal ornament tree from crate & barrel. We're in the process of preparing to move and are currently dealing with such a small place that there is no room for a tree. My favorite ones that we hung this year are a little nutcraker the hubs bought me our first Christmas together and a litle hockey stick with a glove & puck hanging off of it that I bought for hubs. :)

Brittany said...

I LOVE my choo-choo train on a rainbow that I've had since I was four. I posted it here: http://notesfromthegrove-boise.blogspot.com/2009/12/seeing-things-in-whole-new-light.html

Every year it just makes me feel so good!

Sass said...

I heart them!
I especially loved the FIIIVEEE GOLDENNNN RIIINNGGGS <-- my singing voice is amazing

Whitney said...

Love them all! Beautiful!