Monday, December 7, 2009

A weekend wrap-up

***Swap Note***
Don't forget to sign up for Brown Eyed Girl & my Cookbook Swap!
*****************

Happy Monday everyone. I don't know about you, but I wish we had 3 day weekends. I think that countries (European) which recognize this are on to something!

Mr. Potts and I had a whirlwind weekend. Our furniture came on Saturday. And I had every intention of sharing pictures with you today, but have not uploaded the pictures yet. Everything looks so wonderful & I am thrilled beyond belief with it all.

I spent some time on Saturday afternoon with my sweet niece & precious nephew. We spent the afternoon reading and "playing" an alphabet board game. They love when I read to them and when I'm there are usually begging for some time to do this.

On Saturday, we enjoyed the following:
Fancy Nancy: Splendiferous Christmas
Merry Christmas, Curious George
Saturday night we went to dinner at Carpe Diem. It is such a wonderful place & Mr. Potts & I love going there - it was nice to share it with friends for someone's 39th birthday!

Sunday was another whirlwind as we went out and bought our very first tree. For ease (and due to Hayden & Pepe Cat) we thought it would be best to go with a faux tree (doesn't faux sound so much better than fake?). We bought a pre-lit tree & then added more lights - we went with white (thank you for your feedback on this!).

We've only strung the extra lights so far. This Saturday my munchkins are coming over for the first annual tree decorating, cookie making & hot chocolate drinking extravaganza. I'm so excited for this & so are they!

How was your weekend? I hope it was as wonderful as mine!

15 comments:

Lexilooo said...

Fancy Nancy is one of my favorites!

We got our Christmas tree over the weekend and then yesterday, I hosted a cookie swap!

Anonymous said...

That's so sweet - you're such a good aunt!

XOXO

katie + bret said...

Congrats on the new tree! I can't wait to see the pictures of it all decorated!

Dee Stephens said...

Love Carpe Diem too but you know what's better? Fig Tree! that place rocks!

Unknown said...

I had furniture delivered on Saturday, too! (in the rain, I might add)

I miss my old couch, but our living room looks so much bigger now. We're debating on whether or not we'll get another end table. My parents are insisting that we do. We'll see...

What a fun weekend you had...the books are great! We have "The Polar Express" on DVD and it's not the holiday's without watching it. ;)

And, yay for the tree! We have a faux tree too...with faux pine scented plug-ins in the living room! ;) Ours is just a plain jane model, but there is this aubergine/eggplant tree at Wally World. Oh Em Gee. I might have to get it if it goes on clearance. ;)

Oh, and I'm totally signed up for the cookbook swap...at least I think I am.

Amber said...

Awww sounds like a great weekend! I like the sound of a faux tree much better :-) Ours is faux as well.

Annie said...

sounsd like such a perfect weekend!!
i got to spend a bit of time with my newphew as well. being an aunt is the best! :)
your plans for next weekend sound wonderful!!

KAC said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I absolutely love the Polar Express...still one of my favorite holiday books to read!

MCW said...

I watched the Polar Express...love the book so much more, but isn't that always the case?

Tara Gibson said...

i love fancy nancy!!

ps. Vixens is a part i host at bordinos every year. We have an accessory exchange and i make ornaments for all the girls. Its actually a big group of ladies, it when all different groups of friends get together! Its so much fun!

Jenny DB said...

Congrats on your first Christmas tree!!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Ohhhhhhh, I totally must get Curious George for the dude. You are a fabulous Auntie. Aunties are the best. The dude is obsessed with my sis!

Brittany Ann said...

I love the Polar Express!

And you're right: I much prefer faux to fake.I need to work that one in more often.

LWLH said...

I just saw the Polar Express last Christmas and I loved it.. can I please come to your extravaganza!! :)

Whitney said...

I love The Polar Express! So fun!