Thursday, December 31, 2009

I am resolute

In the past I've made resolutions, but only stuck to them halfway. More of a convenience resolution than something I truly committed to. You know the kind - you keep the resolution when it is convenient for you.

So, keeping it real (& positive) & looking into the 2010 crystal ball, I foresee....

1. Spending a week with Mr. Potts somewhere tropical in celebration of his 35th birthday. My rock is getting OLD - Ha! Somewhere like this. Which I may never want to leave.




2. Continuing on my health makeover. When I look at pictures taken over the past year, it is really telling to me to see how much I've slimmed down. I'm really embarassed to post this first picture, but I have to face the fact: My God, my face was fat (as well as the rest of me)!



3. In keeping with my health makeover, I want to engage in at least 4 sweat sessions a week at the gym. I'm talking like a hoor in church sweating, not a pretty little glistening.

4. I think I'd like to try yoga or pilates. This may be a convenience resolution more so than one that I'll actually try. At least I'm honest.

5. I want to continue to expand my wardrobe to be a more mature version of me. One that tells people I'm serious & smart. You know, the kind of looks that Mad Men has promoted. Like this from the clothing menu.


I think these are enough to keep me busy through 2010. Any resolutions for you?

Happy New Year to you all!!

16 comments:

Lexilooo said...

One of my goals for the new year is to try yoga and/or (preferably and!) pilates as well. It was a goal last year and I tried yoga once, at a wii fit party, hahaha, but never pilates!

My other goal is to stop obsessing, as I posted about yesterday! I'll work on my list of goals for 2010 over the weekend...

Sole Matters said...

those are some great resolutions! id love to hear about trying pilates or yoga if you do. Ive never done either. Ive heard hot yoga is fun. i ADORE the Mad Men 60s vibe. have a great NYE!!

LWLH said...

I want to try to knock off some of my goals on my 101 list...that's my new years resolution! :)

Dee Stephens said...

Happy New Year!
My resolution is to get to the gym more too!

Bumpkin on a Swing said...

Happy Happy New Year from The Gulf of Mexico!

Anonymous said...

I need to resolve my 2010 this afternoon, I have a list but need to really think it through so it's not too ambitious but not too slacker-like. You know?

A hoor in church? Love it! You keep it up, lady, the sweating, that is!! :)

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Those are great resolutions! I am still working on mine, but one of them is too cook more fish! And that place in Mexico looks beyond amazing, I could totally go for that right about now. Happy new year!

The Undomestic Mom said...

Okay girl your no where near fat! I love your resolutions---especially cabo! I think Ill add that one to my list!

Ashley said...

Perfect resolutions. I love pilates and yoga...but for a GOOD sweat & something to make you feel like you are really working out...go for a cardio sculpt class or maybe even kickboxing! Those two classes (when I was allowed at the Y) kicked my tail everytime.

MCW said...

I have not decided on a resolutions. But, I love pilates! You should try it!

Jess said...

Those sound like awesome goals! I love that you've added some true fun in there, too, lol.

I have to say how amazing you look! I personally think you look fine in that first picture, but you can definitely tell that you've put in some hard work this year. Keep it up!!!

My resolution is to achieve the goals I set at my birthday, lol. I always make goals/resolutions for a new "me" year.

Have a Happy (and safe) New Year!

Brittany Ann said...

I love your resolutions!

I might need to borrow a couple of these myself!

Happy New Year, dear friend!

Tara Gibson said...

you look fabulous girl! hope you had a great nye!!

Amber said...

I'm not making resolutions this year, still working on my 30 Before 30 list! Love yours, have fun and good luck with them! XOXO

Brittany said...

A. I LOVE Mad Men.

B. Yoga rocks, you should totally try it!

C. You look BEAUTIFUL!!!

Jenny DB said...

HOLY hot damn you look good!!! Good work Mrs. Potts :)